The keto diet has become incredibly popular and fans love that it can help them lose weight fast, but new research reveals that it can be quite dangerous for the body. A meta-analysis of several studies which is called the most comprehensive but warns that the benefits do not outweigh the risks. And senior journalist and registered dietitian Lee crosby describes the keto diet as “a disease promoting disaster.”
A Keto diet is generally high in fat and very low in carbohydrates, which is why it gets results, but Crosby explains that “load up on red meat, processed meat, and saturated fat and cut back on vegetables, fruits, and vegetables. legumes and whole grains high in carbohydrates is a recipe for poor health.
● One of the risks is that restricting carbohydrates can lead to eating more foods linked to an increase in cancer and other diseases, including processed or red meat.
● Researchers also warn that high protein diets, like keto, may speed up kidney failure in people with kidney disease and put people without chronic kidney disease at risk for kidney stones. .
● According to the meta-analysis, pregnant women should also avoid the keto diet, as low-carb diets are linked to a higher risk of neural tube defects for the baby.
A statement from Committee of physicians for responsible medicine sums up the results, explaining that “for most people, the possible long-term risks of the keto diet, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease, outweigh its possible benefits.”
HT: Better life
- Keto-Friendly Snacks Market Size, Key Company Profiles, Types, Applications, and Forecast to 2027 – Clark County Blog
- Blood Ketone Testers Market Growth Accelerates At A Rapid Rate Thanks To Innovative Strategies From Key Players – Abbott, KETO-MOJO ForaCare Inc. – KSU
- Everything you need to know about Going Keto
- Ketone complements the market for latest innovations, demand and future projections with major key players like Perfect Keto, HVMN, BPI Sports, Ketologic, Pruvit, etc. – KSU