Fruity Froyo Shakes Recipe (dairy free, plant based)
I’ve always had a sweet tooth. But over the years, I’ve learned that I prefer sweets that aren’t too forgiving. Yesterday I shared our preference for these healthier decorated anti-allergic cookies on cupcakes. They’re easier and still forgiving, but don’t let me regret not splurging. These fruity fruity dairy free shakes are the same concept. The quick and easy recipe adds hints of dessert to a nutritious concept for a satisfying treat kids and adults alike love.
This Dairy Free Froyo Shake recipe is adapted from Culinary.net.
Froyo Dairy Free Froyo Shake Makes Herbal Celebrations Simple
Most shakes involve copious amounts of ice cream or frozen yogurt with just a handful of liquid and mixes. These healthier froyo shakes take the opposite approach. Generous amounts of healthy frozen fruit are added to “freeze” the yogurt as it blends. Here are a few variations you might like to try:
- Substitute a frozen banana for the mango.
- Substitute peach for the blueberries.
- Substitute strawberries for the raspberries.
- Use two dairy-free yogurts and reduce the milk drink to 3/4 cup.
- Water a Strawberry sauce around the inner edge of the shakes, so that it runs down the sides before garnishing.
Special Diet Notes: Fruity Froyo Shakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally paleo. Just make sure you choose the dairy-free yogurt, whisk option, and nuggets that meet your dietary needs.
Fruity froyo shake without dairy products
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen mango (can under frozen banana)
- 1 container (6 ounces) vanilla dairy free yogurt
- 1½ cup unsweetened, original or vanilla dairy-free milk drink
- Dairy Free Whipped Topping (Homemade or Store-bought Coconut Whisk)
- Hypoallergenic sprinkles
- Put the strawberries, blueberries, mango, and dairy-free yogurt in your blender. Pour in the milk drink and mix until smooth.
- Divide the shake among 4 glasses. Top with a non-dairy whisk and sprinkles.
Portion: ¼ of recipe Calories: 120 Large: 2.5 g Saturated fat: .3g Carbohydrates: 23.7 g Sugar: 17.7 g Sodium: 91 mg Fiber: 3.9 g Protein: 2.5 g
More Dairy-Free Sweet Cheats Are Worth Celebrating
Baked Frosted Cookies
Yogurt mousse parfaits
Ice cream cake jars
For easier dairy-free recipes, get Go dairy-free!