Keto Lemon Blueberry Scones Recipe: Delicious Low Carb, Sugar Free Scones | Desserts
30Seconds shared the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Baking Challenge, a fundraiser for the hospital.
From the Baking Challenge Facebook page: “St. Jude is leading the way for the world to understand, treat, and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening illnesses… Your support means families never get paid a bill.” St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – so they can focus on helping their child live. Every week in June, we’ll challenge you to bake a different treat…You can host a bake sale…and contribute the funds raised to your challenge fundraiser.
We followed the Baking Challenge Facebook page, appreciating everyone’s dedication and generosity and drooling over the beautiful dessert recipes. Challenge group member Sylvia Roxana Gonzalez posted keto lemon blueberry scones and they looked absolutely delicious! We asked Sylvia if she would share the scone recipe with us, and she said yes!
The scones are low carb and sugar free, perfect for diabetics, those on a ketogenic diet, and anyone who loves scones and wants a healthier option!
Cuisine: Scottish / American
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 18 to 20 minutes
Total duration: 40 minutes
- 1 to 2 cups powdered sugar alternative
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (may need a little more depending on how much frosting you want and how thick you desire)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (or more if you like a tangy icing)
- lemon zest (optional)
Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, allulose, salt and lemon zest. Add the butter and cut with a pastry blender (or use your hands), until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Lightly stir the blueberries into the flour mixture. Add stevia to your half and half if using. Add liquid to your dry ingredients and mix gently until the mixture begins to come together and forms a soft dough. It will be wet. (Do not overmix or knead the dough.)
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.Sign in