Summer Vegan Lemon Pudding | VegNews
Fresh lemon juice is the key to getting the brightest taste in this recipe from The Well Fed Yogi. Garnish with a swirl of coconut cream for more decadence.
What do you need:
¼ cup lemon juice
1 cup of vegan milk
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
¼ cup fresh berries, for garnish
2 mint leaves, for garnish
What are you doing:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the lemon juice, milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Heat, stirring well, until it boils, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and ¼ cup of the heated lemon mixture. Mix well until obtaining the consistency of a very smooth paste.
- Return to pan with lemon mixture and stir continuously over medium heat until thickened. If the mixture becomes lumpy, pass through a sieve.
- Pour into two individual bowls, cover with plastic wrap directly on top of pudding to prevent skin formation and place in refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve with a garnish of mint and berries.
Photo credit: Mary Callan
I love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST editor-tested recipes in every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world N ° 1 of the vegetable magazine by subscribing today!