The best tasting protein powders in 2021
Looking for a delicious post-workout smoothie but can’t seem to find one you like? Protein powders can be tricky, but luckily there are many brands to choose from and dozens of flavors. But first, you need to decide what kind of protein you need, want, and can digest.
Whey protein is the most common, but it’s not for everyone, and while pea protein is a great alternative, it might not suit everyone’s taste buds. It’s no surprise that vanilla and chocolate are the most common flavors, but there are seasonal choices you can stock up on as well. New flavors, such as pumpkin spice and salted caramel, can add unexpected flavor to your smoothie, especially after you’ve added frozen bananas, strawberries, spirulina, or whatever your favorite recipe calls for.
Types of protein powders
- Whey is not vegan because it is made with milk. However, if you don’t mind, it tastes great and provides a sufficient amount of protein per scoop, depending on the brand you purchased. It’s a delicious option for those who can digest it and while it tastes chalky, isn’t that part of the appeal?
- Pea protein is made from peas, or more precisely split yellow legumes. It’s usually green, and it tastes like, yes, you guessed it, peas. When mixed with other flavors such as yogurt, vanilla, or chocolate, pea protein can be delicious and provide a significant amount of protein per drink.
- PPumpkin protein is a fairly popular source of protein as a vegan option. It has 1.2 grams of protein per cup, which isn’t much if you’re looking for at least ten grams for your post-workout shake, which makes it a tricky option, so it’s usually mixed with pea protein. .
- PPeanut Butter has around 6 grams of protein per scoop and makes a great tasting shake, especially when mixed with cocoa powder or chocolate almond milk. It is made from raw peanuts, which makes it a vegan option.
Now that you have your information on the different types of protein, check out our favorite best tasting protein powders below and make sure you find your favorite flavor!
1. Nude Nutrition Peanut Butter
You can’t go wrong with peanut butter, and this Naked Nutrition version is vegan – the only ingredient is roasted peanuts. So if you’re looking to switch up your flavor game, try some good ol ‘peanut butter. Plus, you can add this powder to any waffle or pancake mix to add protein. At 6 grams of protein per scoop, this has a low percentage of protein compared to other brands, but hey, who says two scoops is a bad idea? Check out the brand’s additional vegan flavors, from classics like chocolate and vanilla to more exciting flavors including PB Blueberry and Pumpkin Spice. Still, peanut butter is our top choice.
Buy: Naked Nutrition Peanut Butter $ 18.99
2. Huel salted caramel powder
Tastiest Pea Protein Powder
Huel is a vegetable protein powder made from pea and brown rice protein that contains everything you need for post-workout bliss in the form of your favorite smoothie. Consider a salty caramel melting in your mouth. Now imagine drinking it like a smoothie with all the nutrients you need to refuel after a tough cardio workout or tough gym session. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Huel’s critics would agree, citing its tasty flavors and multiple recipe options, like its vanilla powder mixed with cinnamon, ginger and pumpkin for what other than a spiced smoothie with pumpkin this fall. Enjoy your smoothie after burning calories with Huel’s Salted Caramel flavor.
Buy: Huel Salted Caramel Powder $ 65
3. BSN Syntha-6 Cold Stone Birthday Cake Remix
The best tasting whey protein powder
This whey protein powder is not for the faint of heart when it comes to a flavor punch. If you are a huge fan of the birthday cake flavor that made its debut in the protein world, then you owe it to yourself to take a look at BSN’s whey on the celebration favorite to mix it up with. your post-workout smoothie. With just 3 grams of added sugar per serving, this is a great option for people looking to cut down on sugar and retain all of the great flavor.
Read more: Best protein bars
4. Vega Sport Premium Protein Vanilla
Best tasting vanilla protein powder
Vega is one of the leading vegan brands, and its vanilla protein powder is a delicious plant-based option for those who have issues or can’t digest. whey protein. Using organic pea, pumpkin and sunflower seed protein to support the athlete after training, this premium non-GMO protein contains a good blend of amino acids and probiotics. While pea protein might not be every vegan’s favorite vegetable protein, don’t be afraid to dress it up with bananas, blueberries, cinnamon, or whatever you like.
Read more: Best vegetable protein powders
5. Ascent Native Fuel Whey Protein
Best Taste Chocolate Protein Powder
Ascent’s Chocolate Flavored Whey Protein is near the top of our list for its mild taste, and if you add ice cubes with whatever liquid you want, it essentially turns into a post-workout chocolate shake. You can’t do better than this. Ascent powder contains lots of amino acids and probiotics to balance out the perfect post-workout treat.
6. Garden of Life Organic Vegan Sports Protein Powder
Best tasting vegan protein powder
Garden of Life Vanilla Protein Powder is a serious contender in the vegan market because it tastes so good. It’s packed with all the added amino acids, probiotics, and pea protein you need to make a balanced smoothie to take out after a workout; you won’t be hungry after this one. If you are not a fan of vanilla, the chocolate flavor of Garden of Life is just as delicious.
7. Old nutrition based on vegetable proteins
Best Taste Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder
Ancient Nutrition’s chocolate flavor is as tasty as it gets. The vegan pumpkin seed protein makes it a unique protein to use in your smoothie, as most brands don’t use pumpkin seeds exclusively. This plant-based protein will shake up your usual routine once you’ve prepared an organic flaxseed meal and organic hempseed smoothie.
8. Jocko Molk Whey Protein Pumpkin
Best tasting pumpkin protein powder
Jocko Molk Pumpkin Flavor is sure to be a hit this fall, as October is swirling around us faster than we might even think. Your friends will be begging you to try your new pumpkin protein powder, and with all the right supplements like amino acids and probiotics, this whey protein is sure to be a big hit among athletes looking for their dose of healthy pumpkin.